What Can You Do with Online Access?
By the Numbers
Online access has a positive impact on a wide range of activities that are essential to better care and better health:
- 79% say online access has a positive impact of their knowledge of their health 1
- 78% say online access has a positive impact on their ability to communicate with their doctor 2
- About 70% of patients and 65% of doctors agree that patients should be able to download and keep their own copies of their personal health information 3
1. National Partnership for Women & Families. (2014, December). Engaging Patients and Families: How Consumers Value and Use Health IT. Accessed 2018, from http://www.nationalpartnership.org/research-library/health-care/HIT/engaging-patients-and-families.pdf
3. Markle Survey on Health in a Networked Life. (2010, October). Accessed 2018, from https://www.markle.org/publications/1202-survey-snapshot-public-and-doctors-agree-blue-button-idea