Why Is Electronic Health Information So Important?
Many times in health care today medical records are trapped in filing cabinets and computer systems of doctors’ offices and hospitals, and not available electronically to everyone who needs them. This creates duplication of effort, sometimes resulting in communication errors and misunderstandings about important aspects of patient care. Secure access to medication lists, lab results, diagnoses, surgical history, hospital discharge instructions and your family history will help you better understand your health, communicate with doctors, and meet your personal goals.
Show You Care!
Sign this petition to send a message that people demand convenient, secure, online access to their health information.
We would like to thank the following people, associations, and companies for donating time and resources to make this web petition possible:
- Randy Watson, Blue Button User Number One
- Christine Bechtel, Chair, Consumer Workgroup, Health IT Policy Committee
- Chris Boone, Health Data Consortium
- Aneesh Chopra, former United States Chief Technology Officer
- Ellen Donahue-Dalton, Medecision
- Regina Holliday, The Walking Gallery
- Peter L. Levin, Amida Technology Solutions
- Erin Mackay, National Partnership for Women & Families
- Farzad Mostashari, former National Coordinator for Health IT
- Craig Newmark, craigslist & craigconnects
- Mike O’Neill, MedicaSoft
- Lygeia Ricciardi, former director, Office of Consumer eHealth, ONC
- Aaron Seib, NATE
- Shahid Shah, Netspective
- Sharon F. Terry, Genetic Alliance