GetMyHealthData is about you, New Yorkers.* We want to make it easier for you to get the information you need to be your healthiest self and take care of those you love.
Your stories about trying to get and use your health information are powerful and can generate real change. They already have.
Now that we are partnering with health care providers in New York, we want to hear from you. Your experience will guide our work – helping us understand the challenges New Yorkers face when it comes to accessing and using your health data. Your stories will help us as we work with providers and policymakers to rethink information sharing policies and practices for the digital age.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Make the ask: Depending on your needs, download or request a piece of health information (test result, medication list, images, etc.) or your entire medical record.
- Tell us what happens: We want to know what the experience was like – what steps were involved, how much time it took and what information was available. You can even create your own Story Card to share on our Patient Storyboard and with your social networks.
Need help getting started? Check out the resources and troubleshooting tools on our website:
- VIDEO: 3 Steps to Get Your Health Data
- FACT SHEET: HIPAA – The P is for Portability
- FAQs: Troubleshooting Your Information Request
- INSPIRATION: Patient Storyboard
We can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
* If you’re not a New Yorker, we’d still love to hear from you! Share your story at GetMyHealthData.org/share.